Friday 1 February 2013

Colour Crush: Neon Bright

Neon has been a big thing in the design world for months now, splashing it’s cheerful self all over the pages of lifestyle magazines. Being someone who prefers to tone things down in the colour department, it’s taken me some time to catch on to the trend. Until recently. Like a neon bright lightbulb going off in my head, the bold hue has nestled itself in my consciousness and made itself quite at home. While I can’t see myself lashing out on this electrifyingly bright trend, I do see the fun neon can bring to a space and have started loving neon pink in small doses. Here are some of my favourite neon finds.

Left: Shine Design; Right: Hviit
Smäm

Adding pops of neon pink to an existing home decor item might be all that’s needed to elevate the space and add some fun. I love how a few neon polkadots applied to an inexpensive rice paper lantern adds a completely different feel to the dining space featured above, and love the effect of washi tape applied to the base of a candle! Painting the legs of a table is also a great way to introduce neon into your colour palette. 
Holly Becker for Decor8

Holly Becker of the beautiful blog Decor8 does neon to perfection, with tiny electric pink additions dotted throughout her studio. While I was in Hannover for a recent bogging workshop she gave in her home, I couldn’t help but notice the creative way Holly used neon to bring life to her tablescapes. Whether simply placing a few tealight candle holders on the table or crafting pretties from paper and fabric to string up on a fine neon thread, Holly’s got it just right.

Sania Pell

I adore how the immensely creative Sania Pell applied a tiny neon pink edging applied to the above fresh flowers. 

Ferm Living


Ferm Living are right on top of the neon trend right now, and offer different wallpaper designs in neon pink, as well as gorgeous scatter cushions. I know I am on a neon pink rampage, but I do like the neon orange and grey combo!

Pour mes jolis momes
January/February 2013 issue of Inside Out magazine. Styling by Jason Grant. Photography by Lauren Bamford

I personally feel that less is more when it comes to neon, and particularly like seeing it introduced in the form of a light fixture cable with a single bulb on the end. Loving this pink/orange colour, too.

Left: Serendipity; Right: Nice Party via Etsy
91 Magazine
If you're not quite bold enough to add neon tones to your home, try it out in the kids room! I love these neon bright kid’s beds, or a simple garland will already add some fun to any space. This one is from a shop called Nice Party on Etsy.


Have a neon bright weekend!

Holly

5 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, just come across your blog, and I love it! So much inspiration! I would love to add a link to your blog on mine. Do you have a button? I have one for mine if you would like to link up both our blogs:) I'm sure we share the same readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image selection Holly. I do love those pops of pink. Apparently this is also the season of green - Pantone, which I'm not so keen on. Accents of pink for me anytime. Looking forward to seeing you in London xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments ladies! @Emily-Groves Interiors, welcome to Love, Thomas. I am so happy to read that you are finding things that inspire you over here. I am currently working on all sorts of wonderful things with a graphic and web designer, and as soon as I have a button I will send it along. I'd be happy to link up together. Thanks so much for your positive feedback! Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely! I can't find your email address anywhere on the site, could you pop me an email - emily@grovesinteriors.co.uk and we can link up:)

      Delete