Sunday 4 September 2011

Chalk one up

Words are big in my life. I love writing on almost anything, and I love the fact that chalkboard paint can allow you to write on nearly any surface. I've been going a little crazy with it lately, and finding inspiration for even more projects everywhere I look.

This bed head is so much fun. I love the idea of changing the message on it frequently to suit your mood.


I know I would have loved to have a wall like this as a child (okay, well I'd love one now). This feature wall is a lovely way to encourage creativity in your home in a relaxed and easy to clean way.


Don't you just love Melissa from Dear Baby 's idea of painting old silver trays to create beautiful personalised messages on a nursery wall? If you don't feel like doing this yourself, you could buy them ready made from this lovely Etsy shop.


And having a 'To Do' list this cute may even encourage your most reluctant floor sweeper to join in. Who doesn't like the satisfaction of putting a big line through a list item?

Source unknown

Fathers Day is this weekend in Australia, and I have taken the opportunity to use my newly purchased chalkboard paint to coat a frame of old and new photos, so I can write some messages around the edges.


And while that dries, I've taken inspiration from The Inadvertent Farmer and painted some patches onto a series of jars I have been collecting for some time.


Ensure you do several coats. Wait until each coat is dry until applying the next and use rounded chalk sticks to write your messages gently on, otherwise the paint can peal a little too easily. Alternatively, consider a glass primer before painting.

Here is my finished product.


For more great DIY chalkboard ideas, check out Whisper Wood Cottage - chalkboard DIY links

My favourites are:

Have fun!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment